Health MEDICAL TIPS
The medicinal properties of turmeric have been slowly revealed over hundreds of years. It has been long known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Recently research has shown that turmeric is a natural wonder, proving beneficial in the treatment of many different health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer’s disease.
First Aid: A natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns. It is also a natural pain killer.
Anti-cancer: When combined with cauliflower, it has been shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer. It may prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to die. It reduces the risk of childhood leukemia. It may prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer. Turmeric can boost the effects of the chemo drug paclitaxel and reduce its side effects. Also, promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer and in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma. It has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
Body cleanser: Turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier, may prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain, is a potent natural anti-inflammatory .
Skin healer: Speeds up wound healing and assists in repair of damaged skin and may help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
If you’re not convinced about the need to develop an exercise program for your life, you can at least try following some of these tips in your everyday routine. Take advantage of any opportunity for exercise. Try some today.
- Take the stairs instead of an elevator or escalator at school or the mall. Just start with one flight. Soon, you’ll be ready for two.
- Park your car at the far end of the parking lot. The short walk to and from the store or school helps your heart.
- If you ride a bus or subway, get off a stop before your destination. Walk the rest of the way.
- If you can, spend a few minutes of your lunch break taking a stroll around the campus grounds. It should help you stay awake after lunch.
- Think of housework as an extra chance to exercise. Vacuuming briskly can be a real workout.
- Mowing the lawn, pulling weeds, and raking leaves are chores that can be done yourself as a chance to exercise.
- If you have a dog, think of the dog as an exercise machine with fur. A brisk walk with the dog is good for both of your hearts. Make it a part of your daily routine.
- If you have a family, schedule an after-dinner walk. Make it quality time.